Delaware VOCAL Disclaimer
Thank you for visiting Delaware VOCAL (the “Website”). Delaware VOCAL is a service provided by the State of Delaware Department of Labor, hereinafter Delaware VOCAL, and funded through a Reemployment and System Integration Dislocated Worker Grant (RSI-DWG) received by Delaware Department of Labor, Division of Employment and Training. America’s Job Link Alliance–Technical Support (AJLA–TS) maintains the Website.
Delaware VOCAL is providing this information (the “Website”) as a public service, and the information contained within it is continually under development. Users of Delaware VOCAL should be aware that, while we try to keep the information on this Website timely and accurate, neither the Delaware VOCAL nor AJLA–TS checks the accuracy of all information contained on this website. While Delaware VOCAL makes every effort to correct errors brought to our attention, be aware that we do not control or guarantee the accuracy, relevance, or completeness of information entered into the Website. Delaware VOCAL will not be liable for any damages of any kind resulting from the use of this Website, including, but not limited to, direct, indirect, incidental, punitive and consequential damages.
Delaware VOCAL may discontinue, edit, delete, or change any aspect of the Website, including, but not limited to: (i) restricting availability times; (ii) restricting compatibility with certain computer software or hardware; (iii) restricting amounts of use permitted; and (iv) restricting, suspending, or terminating any user's right to use the Website, at Delaware VOCAL's sole discretion and without prior notice or liability.
Delaware VOCAL reserves the right to make changes to this Website, the disclaimers and the terms and conditions at any time.
Linking and Third Party Policy
Delaware VOCAL provides links to websites that are not controlled, maintained, or regulated by Delaware VOCAL, or the Website, and as such, neither Delaware VOCAL, nor AJLA–TS is responsible for the content of those Websites. Use of information obtained from those websites is voluntary, and reliance on that information should be undertaken only after an independent review of its accuracy. References at those websites to any specific commercial product, process, or service by trade name, trademark, or otherwise does not constitute or imply endorsement, recommendation or favoring by Delaware VOCAL.
Your dealings with any third parties mentioned on or found through the Website are solely between you and such third parties, and are subject to any terms, conditions, warranties, or representations associated with such dealings. You agree that use of Third-Party Websites is at your sole risk and is without warranties of any kind by Delaware VOCAL, expressed or implied, including warranties of title, fitness, for a particular purpose, and merchantability or non-infringement. Under no circumstances is Delaware VOCAL liable for any damages arising from transactions between you and third parties or for any information appearing on Third-Party Websites or any other website linked to the website.
In the event you discover problems with or have concerns regarding the format, accuracy, timeliness, or content of a link to an external website, please contact email@example.com.
The Delaware VOCAL name, and other names used for Delaware VOCAL and State of Delaware products and services are trademarks/service marks of State of Delaware. Other products and company names mentioned on the Website may be trademarks/service marks of their respective owners.
Delaware VOCAL respects the intellectual property of others and asks you to do the same. Delaware VOCAL reserves the right, but not the obligation, to terminate your use of the Website if it determines in its sole and absolute discretion that you are involved in infringing activity, including alleged acts of first-time or repeat infringement, regardless of whether the material or activity is ultimately determined to be infringing.
In addition, any written notice regarding any defamatory or infringing activity, whether of a copyright, patent, trademark, or other proprietary right, should be sent to Delaware VOCAL, listed above, and must include the following information:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of (1) the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed or (2) the person defamed.
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online Website are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that Website.
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing, to be the subject of infringing activity, or that is claimed to be defamatory and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material.
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact you, such as your address, telephone number, and/or email address.
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright or other proprietary right owner, its agent, or the law.
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed or on behalf of the person defamed.
Delaware VOCAL reserves the right to accommodate and otherwise not interfere with standard technical measures used by copyright owners to protect their materials.
You are prohibited from using the Website in any way to do any of the following:
- Use the Website or any information or services related thereto for any unlawful purpose;
- restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying the Website;
- post or transmit any unlawful, threatening, abusive, libelous, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, pornographic, profane, or indecent information of any kind, including without limitation any transmissions constituting or encouraging conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any local, state, national, or international law;
- post or transmit comments containing harassing or offensive language, including sexual references, sexual nicknames, racial slurs, or rude or deliberately offensive comments or engage in disruptive activities online, including excessive use of scripts, sound waves, scrolling (repeating the same message over and over), or use viruses, bots, worms, or Trojan horses;
- access another person's or entity's materials, information, or files without the permission of that person or entity;
- post or transmit any information, software, or other material that violates or infringes the rights of others, including material that is an invasion of privacy or publicity rights or that is protected by copyright, trademark, or other proprietary right without first obtaining permission from the owner or right holder;
- post or transmit any information, software, or other material that contains a virus or other harmful component;
- post or transmit content that encourages or provides instructional activities about illegal activities, such as hacking;
- post, transmit, or in any way exploit any information, software, or other material for advertising or commercial purposes;
- solicit other users to join, become Participants of, or contribute money to any online service or other organization, advocate or attempt to get users to join in legal or illegal schemes, or plan or participate in scams involving other users;
- impersonate any person or entity or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your professional or other affiliation with any person or entity;
- perform any activities that Delaware VOCAL determines (in its sole discretion) may be harmful to Delaware VOCAL, the Website, or other users of the Website.
Use of Live Chat
Delaware VOCAL includes a live chat feature so that job seekers can reach out to staff for assistance. You may be asked to provide information such as your username, first and last name, or email address so that staff can assist you with your account. We will never ask for, nor should you ever provide, specific Personally Indefinable Information (PII) such as your Social Security number or date of birth. All messages to and from the chat agent are secured with 256-bit SSL encryption between each component of the communications path. Chat message histories will be stored and secured consistent with industry standard practices.
When a Delaware VOCAL staff member is not available to respond to your chat, messages may be sent from an automated response system (chatbot). Any automated responses will be identified as computer generated. These computer-generated messages are not moderated by Delaware VOCAL staff. You can verify any information provided to you by the chatbot service by submitting questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Internet Security Statement
Delaware JobLink considers the security of our Participants and citizens' information critical. Documented steps are taken to safeguard information according to established security standards and procedures, and we continually assess the newest technology for protecting information.
This website is not intended for use by minors under the age of eighteen (18) and by using this website you agree that you are at least eighteen (18) years of age. If you have agreed to allow your minor child, or a child for whom you are legal guardian (a “Minor”), to use the Website, you agree that you shall be solely responsible for: (a) the online conduct of such Minor; (b) monitoring such Minor's access to and use of the Website; and (c) the consequences of any use of the Website by such Minor.
Export Control Information
Unless otherwise specified, the materials on the Website are presented solely to provide information regarding and to promote Delaware VOCAL and other products and services available in the State of Delaware. The Website is controlled and operated by Delaware VOCAL from its offices within the State of Delaware. Delaware VOCAL makes no representation that materials on the Website are appropriate or available for use outside the State of Delaware. Those who choose to access the Website from outside the State of Delaware do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws, to the extent that local laws are applicable.